What Was Your Best Game For 2008?

Well 2008 has come to a close, so let’s take a look back and see what great games were released, and choose which game has been the best in 2008.

All through 2008 there had been some amazing video game releases on the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, but I think the second half of the year was the best. There were heaps of games released and they have kept me and tons of other gamergirls entertained this year.

Here are just a few of the awesome games that have been released in the past year:

Lost Odyssey - I thought this game was fairly good, except the combat of the game wasn’t great. It was one huge game, 4 disks, it will take a long time to get through it all.

lost odyssey xbox360 game

Lego Indiana Jones - I am a huge fan of the Lego games, I love them and think they are great fun. Although they are pretty short and can be completed in one day, the way the Lego team creates the game and adds their own humour is brilliant. Lego Batman - This game was really very much the same as Lego Indiana but it's still a brilliant game to play. All for the Lego games so far have been amazingly fun to play, they are great for the whole family to enjoy.

lego batman game wii

Civilization Revolution - I only played this game a few times on the Xbox 360 but I thought it was brilliant, a lot different from any other Civilization game I've played.most fun online games sid meiers civilization revolution

Devil May Cry 4 - I know of a lot of people that have said that this game is great, but I don't really see it. I played the demo on the Xbox 360 and thought, "hmm, a lot of jumping". I thought the game was very repetitive, not my cup of tea.most fun online games Devil May Cry 4 screenshot

Mario Kart Wii - Although I am not a great fan of the Mario games, I did like this one. Especially when you have the special Wii steering wheel, it makes the game alot of fun, although its better to play as a group, it's still alot of fun on your own, a must play for Wii lovers.most fun online games mario kart wii

GRID - I never liked this game, the graphics were very good but because you could rewind time if you crashed, I thought it ruined it.most fun online games GRID

Burnout Paradise - The only problem with this game is that it's repetitive, you do a lot of races and then get a new license, once you get that license you have to repeat all of the races again, just a little bit harder to get another license. Overall I thought the game was good for a drive around but gets slightly repetitive.most fun online games burnout paradise 3

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Even though I only played the game a few times , it was great fun when I played it. The basic controls and fast paced game play makes it really fun to play as a party. The ability to jump around as Pikachu is great and rather funny.most fun online games super smash bros brawl europe

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Although this game has a lot of movie scenes, which can be rather lengthy, the bit where you get to play are brilliant, I thought the graphics were top notch and the story line great, when you got to play it that is.most fun online games metal gear solid 4

Rock Band - Brilliant, I have always loved the Guitar Hero games, but when this was released I just had to get it, I loved the set list and loved the new instruments, awesome game and a must play for any music game lover. Rock Band 2 - This game is brilliant, although it;s basically the same as Rock Band 1, it comes with a wider and more expandable set list, awesome to play and great fun in a group. Guitar Hero World Tour - This game, like with Rock Band is a awesome game, the new instruments were great but I thought the set list really pulled it down, it depends on your taste but I wasn't amazed by it.most fun online games Rock Band 3

Grand Theft Auto 4 - You can't really complain about this game, all of the other GTA's have been outstanding but this one just topped the lot. Outstanding graphics and the ability to change the way the game ends depending on the choices you make just makes it even better. Plus with the addition of new content coming next year, the game just gets deeper and better.most fun online games GTA4 XBOX

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - There was a lot of hype about this game but I personally was not majorly impressed. The whole look and game play of it was awesome but the length of the storyline was not great, plus with no online play, the game was over with a few days.most fun online games star wars the force unleashed screenshot

Left 4 Dead - If you loved games like Counter Strike and Half Life, you will love this, it's made by the same people, Valve, but this time it's based on zombies. You work as a team of 4 people to escape from the city. I particularly like the emphasis the game has on team work and the realistic guns and weapons.most fun online games left4dead

Fable 2 - In one way Fable 2 was great in another it was ok. The whole storyline, new graphics and ability to change the whole game by making one decision is awesome. But the length and difficulty of the game was a let down, I found it to be alot shorter than Fable 1 and it was also alot simpler as you didn't seem to have to kill any major bosses. Although it does have some downsides, I still say it's a great game.most fun online games fable 2 II

Mirror's Edge - Some people might think that this game is poor, but I don't, I thought it was brilliant, just like Assassins Creed, which I loved. I personally thought that Mirror's Edge was great, the graphics were outstanding and the whole storyline was great, the only downside I found was the cut scenes, they looked really poor to be honest.most fun online games mirrors edge

Far Cry 2 - There is one major problem with this game, once you start to play, you can't stop for several hours. The whole storyline and ability to change the game as you play is great, plus having to battle with malaria, brings a whole new dimension to the game. You have a great arsenal of weapons plus there are some pretty good features, the ability to start a bush fire to take advantage of your enemies, your guns jam if you pick them up off the ground, your car breaks down after a few crashes. All these things made the game great, on e of the best of 2008.most fun oline games far cry 2 screenshot

Call of Duty 5: World of War - This game had a lot to live up to, I don't think it quite achieved that. I personally didn't like CoD5 as much as 4 because it went back to the World Wars. But that aside, the graphics and game play was great, although it didn't live up to CoD4.most fun online games call of duty 5

All of the games listed above were really fun to play and kept me entertained all year round but it's come to tell you what my game of the year is, although it's a really difficult decision. Although it's a hard decision, I would have to say that Gear of War 2 is my game of the year, simply because of the constant fighting and action, plus with it's great graphics and storyline, it makes it the best game of 2008. What's yours?

No comments: